DH: Healthcare Performance Metrics
- Key performance metrics: KPI taxonomy, selecting indicators, data collection,
- Nonclinical indicators: Length of Stay, Beds, Outpatient service visits, Occupancy rates, Total discharges, etc
- Clinical indicators: Definitions, inpatient quality indicators, prevention quality indicators, patient safety indicators, pediatric indicators
- Benchmarks, sources, safety benchmarks
- Reporting, reporting options, reporting designs
- Statistics: Predictive modeling, indicator adjustments, statistical process control costing
- Bergeron, B. P. (2017). Performance Management in Healthcare: From Key Performance Indicators to Balanced Scorecard. United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis.
- Langabeer II, J. R. (2018). Performance Improvement in Hospitals and Health Systems: Managing Analytics and Quality in Healthcare, 2nd Edition. United States: Taylor & Francis.
||6 credits - Lecture and Tutorial
||Full Semester - To be offered normally in 2nd semester
|Name(s) of other Academic units to whom the course may be relevant
||BSBE, Math, CSE, CHE